Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] gnu: u-boot: Update to 2019.10.

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 21:07:43 -0700

On 2019-10-14, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Caliph Nomble <[email-masked]>
>
> * gnu/packages/bootloaders.scm (u-boot): Update to 2019.10.
> [source]: Remove upstreamed patches.
> * gnu/packages/patches/u-boot-fix-mkimage-header-verification.patch: Delete
> file.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Remove it.

Thanks for working on this!

I've been holding back on updating u-boot in Guix, as there are several
unresolved bugs on other platforms, and the u-boot-tools package fails
tests, last I tried.

Might make sense to make versioned u-boot-2019.04 and u-boot-2019.10
packages (kind of like the linux-libre packages, possibly?), so that
platforms that still need to use the older version don't hold back
platforms that need or would benefit from the newer version?

live well,
  vagrant