Subject: [bug#37741] [PATCH 2/3] gnu: Add arm-trusted-firmware-rk3399.

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 21:02:32 -0700

On 2019-10-14, [email-masked] wrote:
> * gnu/packages/bootloaders.scm (arm-trusted-firmware-rk3399): New exported
> variable.

Thanks for working on this!

Unfortunately this currently embeds a binary blob
(plat/rockchip/rk3399/drivers/dp/hdcp.bin) with no license.

I reported the issue upstream:

  https://github.com/ARM-software/tf-issues/issues/651

The proposed solution would be to enable a build flag to disables the
DRM feature that hdcp.bin is used for video streaming.

I've talked with Kever Yang from Rockchip about getting the ability to
disable the requirement for hdcp.bin upstream; I'm sure they'd welcome
patches too!

This would be good for both Debian and GNU Guix. There are several
rk3399 platforms depending on it.

live well,
  vagrant