Subject: Re: bug#37719: 11.91; preview-latex not working (again?)

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 21:55:45 +0900

Hi Dylan,

>>>>> Dylan Thurston <[email-masked]> writes:
> Preview-latex has stopped working, with errors about /invalidfileaccess.
> (I sometimes also get errors about /typecheck; I have not isolated
> exactly when that happens.)

[...]

> This looks similar to earlier permission issues with Ghostscript, but
> I thought those were fixed in this latest version of auctex.

I think that you are accidentally using old AUCTeX, inferring from the
following diagnosis and the "Subject" header of your report.

Current AUCTeX version is 12.1.  Please confirm whether your AUCTeX is
new enough or not.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita

> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.11)
>  of 2019-09-22, modified by Debian
> Package: 11.91  <-- This is the version of AUCTeX

> current state:
> ==============
> (setq
>  AUCTeX-date "2017-07-24"  <-- This is the date of AUCTeX