Subject: Re: bug#37719: 11.91; preview-latex not working (again?)

From: Dylan Thurston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 09:44:50 -0400

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 09:08:54PM +0900, Ikumi Keita wrote:
> Hi Dylan,
> 
> >>>>> Dylan Thurston <[email-masked]> writes:
> > I can confirm that I was using Debian, and version 9.28~~rc4~dfsg-1 of
> > ghostscript.
> 
> I've just pushed fix for this trouble into the git repository.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work with gs 9.28RC because of a warning it
> emits.  Only the latest development version of ghostscript suppresses it
> under preview-latex.
> Use gs 9.27 until Debian distributes gs binary with the latest change
> incorporated, or use gs 9.28RC while you edit preview.el in AUCTeX so
> that "{DELAYSAFER{.setsafe}if}" is turned into "{}" in the function
> `preview-gs-open' (and, of course, byte-compile it).
> 
> I thank Chris Liddell for his valuable advices for using ghostscript
> under preview-latex.

Thank you for the quick fix! I will check it out when gs gets updated
(hopefully not very long). I note that Debian unstable just yesterday
upgraded to version 9.50, which was released Sept. 30; I assume that
is not recent enough?

--Dylan