Subject: Re: [gs-devel] Recent ghostscript broke preview-latex again

From: Chris Liddell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 12:11:41 +0100

On 15/10/2019 08:18, Ikumi Keita wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> 
>>>>>> Chris Liddell <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
<SNIP>
> I have to apologize for having failed to tell you correctly the
> invocation string of ghostscript.  The debug facility of preview-latex
> didn't record literally how it invoked gs and I didn't notice that.
> Preview-latex actually called gs as
> 
> /home/keita/gs/bin/gs -dOutputFile\=\(bbb.prv/tmp0UabeI/pr1-\%d.png\) -q -dDELAYSAFER -dNOPAUSE -DNOPLATFONTS -dPrinted -dTextAlphaBits\=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits\=4 -sDEVICE\=png16m -r108.606x108.587 -dDELAYBIND
> 
> .  The parameter for -dOutputFile contains "%d", not a constant number.

I'm slightly stunned that using -d worked at all, ever. It certainly
wouldn't work as expected.

Anyway, I'm relieved you got to the bottom of it.

I know I've been saying this a lot, but I'm sorry for the upheaval
that's been going on, and I hope everyone understands that we wouldn't
be doing all this if we weren't sure of the necessity.

And I really appreciate you (and others) sticking with us to work
through these issues.

Regards,

Chris