Subject: bug#37719: 11.91; preview-latex not working (again?)

From: Dylan Thurston <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 14:49:17 -0400

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 02:34:03AM +0900, Ikumi Keita wrote:
> Hi Dylan,
> 
> >>>>> Dylan Thurston <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Preview-latex is still not working; the error message (on the same
> > minimal file) is now as follows:
> 
> Thank you for a valuable report.  It seems that the Ghostscript
> developers injected some change incompatible with preview-latex into gs
> source, and that change was incorporated into the ghostscript binary
> distribution of your package manager (Debian?).  I tried both gs 9.28
> RC4 and the latest git repository, and ended up with the same result of
> yours: ...

I can confirm that I was using Debian, and version 9.28~~rc4~dfsg-1 of
ghostscript.

I can also tell you that ghostscript version 9.27~dfsg-3.1 (the last
9.27 Debian version) worked without problems, and 9.28~~rc1~dfsg-1
exhibits apparently the same error.

--Dylan