Subject: bug#37685: 27.0.50; Value of tab-bar-close/new-button calculated incorrectly

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 16:33:13 -0400

It appears that the values of both tab-bar-close-button and
tab-bar-new-button get calculated incorrectly somehow. Instead of using
data-directory (which is
"/nix/store/jg7i2xsp7lzas52cc3c6i0fv6hjx8rp1-emacs-27.0.50/share/emacs/27.0.50/etc/"
for me), they use "/build/source/etc/images/tabs/". This results in the
buttons close/open buttons showing and many thousands of messages about
it.

Re-evaluating the default expression once Emacs starts fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Alex

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
System Description: NixOS 19.09.716.88bbb3c8096 (Loris)

Recent messages:
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’ [2 times]
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’ [2 times]
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/jg7i2xsp7lzas52cc3c6i0fv6hjx8rp1-emacs-27.0.50
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 CFLAGS=-DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=101200'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix