Subject: bug#37685: closed (Re: bug#37685: 27.0.50; Value of tab-bar-close/new-button calculated incorrectly)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 01:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37685: 27.0.50; Value of tab-bar-close/new-button calculated incorrectly

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37685: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37685
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37685: 27.0.50; Value of tab-bar-close/new-button calculated incorrectly
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
To: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 21:19:28 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Tue 15 Oct 2019 at 22:45, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Like Eli suggested to compute the value at run time the first time
> the tab bar is activated, this was changed accordingly.
> Please see if this is really fixed for you.

Yes, seems to be fixed now. Thanks!

Subject: 27.0.50; Value of tab-bar-close/new-button calculated incorrectly
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 16:33:13 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It appears that the values of both tab-bar-close-button and
tab-bar-new-button get calculated incorrectly somehow. Instead of using
data-directory (which is
"/nix/store/jg7i2xsp7lzas52cc3c6i0fv6hjx8rp1-emacs-27.0.50/share/emacs/27.0.50/etc/"
for me), they use "/build/source/etc/images/tabs/". This results in the
buttons close/open buttons showing and many thousands of messages about
it.

Re-evaluating the default expression once Emacs starts fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Alex

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
System Description: NixOS 19.09.716.88bbb3c8096 (Loris)

Recent messages:
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’ [2 times]
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/close.xpm’ [2 times]
Cannot find image file ‘/build/source/etc/images/tabs/new.xpm’

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/jg7i2xsp7lzas52cc3c6i0fv6hjx8rp1-emacs-27.0.50
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 CFLAGS=-DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=101200'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix