Subject: Re: bug#37682: weston 6.0.1 build failure

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 20:46:38 +0200

Bradley Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:

>   guix 525ef21
>     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
>     branch: master
>     commit: 525ef21ba0d4a50a7d21f5543db40b6cc328f9cd
>
> builder for `/gnu/store/i1k1znpbswllwhaja6g3nlbb4g2gpk1c-weston-6.0.1.drv'
> failed with exit code 1
> build of /gnu/store/i1k1znpbswllwhaja6g3nlbb4g2gpk1c-weston-6.0.1.drv failed
> View build log at
> '/var/log/guix/drvs/i1/k1znpbswllwhaja6g3nlbb4g2gpk1c-weston-6.0.1.drv.bz2'.
> guix package: error: build of
> `/gnu/store/i1k1znpbswllwhaja6g3nlbb4g2gpk1c-weston-6.0.1.drv' failed
>
> build log: https://paste.debian.net/1105575/

So apparently this only happens on some systems.  I can not reproduce it
on my dinky laptop, but I can on a Haswell Xeon server.

Can you file a bug report about this upstream at
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston>?

We can probably disable the test in question, but it would be good to
have an upstream bug report to link to.

On the Guix CI, Weston builds successfully only on armhf:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=weston

It is possible that clocking down your CPU while running the tests would
help as a band-aid...