Subject: [core-updates] simple-scan fails to build

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 12:57:26 +0200

After the core-updates merge, simplescan fails to build:
This is on:

525ef21ba0d4a50a7d21f5543db40b6cc328f9cd

starting phase
`build' Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-simple-scan-3.24.1.drv-0/simple-scan-3.24.1/src'
  CC       simple_scan-book.o
  CC       simple_scan-book-view.o
  CC       simple_scan-page.o
  CC       simple_scan-page-view.o
  CC       simple_scan-simple-scan.o
  CC       simple_scan-scanner.o
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-simple-scan-3.24.1.drv-0/simple-scan-3.24.1/src'
  VALAC    simple_scan_vala.stamp
  CC       simple_scan-autosave-manager.o
  CC       simple_scan-resources.o
page.vala:90.5-90.39: error: Property `Page.scan_direction' with custom `get' accessor and/or `set' mutator cannot have `default' value
    public ScanDirection scan_direction
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ui.vala:1295.25-1295.80: warning: Gtk.Arrow.new has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1867.13-1867.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1868.13-1868.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1869.13-1869.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1870.13-1870.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1871.13-1871.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1872.13-1872.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1873.13-1873.31: warning: Gtk.Application.add_accelerator has been deprecated since 3.14
ui.vala:1019.9-1019.23: warning: Gtk.Menu.popup has been deprecated since 3.22
simple-scan.vala:130.30-130.41: error: Argument 1: Cannot convert from `unowned GLib.List<weak ScanDevice>' to `unowned GLib.List<ScanDevice>'
        ui.set_scan_devices (devices_copy, missing_driver);
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 9 warning(s)
make[2]: *** [Makefile:655: simple_scan_vala.stamp] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-simple-scan-3.24.1.drv-0/simple-scan-3.24.1/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:645: ui.c] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-simple-scan-3.24.1.drv-0/simple-scan-3.24.1/src'
make: *** [Makefile:399: all-recursive] Error 1
command "make" "-j" "4" "gtk_update_icon_cache=true" failed with status 2

Björn