Subject: bug#37680: simple-scan builds with newer version

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 21:45:40 +0200

Hi Jack,

thanks for looking into this.

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 13:22:50 -0400 (EDT)
Jack Hill <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The version of simple-scan that current in Guix, 3.24.1, which fails
> to build is a little old. I tried to update it to the version that 
> numerically matches our GNOME version, 3.30.2, but that fails with
> the same problem.
> 
> However, the current newest simple-scan release, 3.34.1, does build. 
> Unfortunately, I had to take the colord out of inputs or native
> inputs otherwise the build would fail with

I was also quickly trying out the same things you did and came to the
same conclusion. I hoped to find a way around today, but I don't know
the meson-build-system and have no futher idea.

[..]

> A bigger problem than colord though, is that while simple-scan now
> builds, it doesn't run. It exits after printing "Trace/breakpoint
> trap". I've attached strace output.

Oh, sounds bad. I haven't tried to run it.
 
> I'm not sure what's next, thoughts?

No.

Björn