Subject: bug#37667: 27.0.50; Tab Bar display problems with more than 5 tabs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 22:10:31 +0300

> Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 21:46:02 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 21:07:14 +0300
> > 
> > I have one question: why menu-bar wrapping was not implemented on
> > TTY frames so far, why the design decision was to always truncate it?
> 
> Most probably because the number of items on the menu bar is usually
> small, unlike the number of tabs that can grow very large.

Also, the menu bar on TTY frames originally was just a decoration: you
couldn't do anything with it except look.  So it made little sense to
invest in wrapping that line.  Drop-down menus on TTY frames are a
relatively recent addition, since Emacs 24.4.