Subject: Re: bug#37662: substitution failure of nss-certs

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 11:08:40 +0200

Hi Josh,

Josh Holland <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>   cat /proc/PID/environ | xargs -0 echo
>>
>
> LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin
> INVOCATION_ID=15155558aca749efa1593610e892c3a0 JOURNAL_STREAM=9:19872
> GUIX_LOCPATH=/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/lib/locale

[…]

Does
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/lib/locale/*/en_GB.UTF-8
exists?

If you installed ‘glibc-utf8-locales’ in root’s profile, it certainly
doesn’t:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ls $(guix build glibc-utf8-locales)/lib/locale/2.29
de_DE.utf8   el_GR.utf8   en_US.utf8   fr_FR.utf8   tr_TR.utf8
de_DE.UTF-8  el_GR.UTF-8  en_US.UTF-8  fr_FR.UTF-8  tr_TR.UTF-8
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So I think you have to install the ‘glibc-locales’ package in root’s
profile:

  guix install glibc-locales

Let me know if it helps!

Ludo’.