Subject: bug#37662: substitution failure of nss-certs

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 22:34:40 +0200

Hi Josh,

Josh Holland <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I suppose the error here is because you’re daemon is missing its UTF-8
>> locales.
>>
>> This could be because you upgraded the daemon but did not upgrade the
>> ‘glibc-utf8-locales’ or ‘glibc-locales’ you installed as root, no?
>
> It's possible - I rarely do anything with the root profile, and wasn't
> even aware that I had to keep it up to date.

In practice you rarely need to update it, but sometimes it’s nice to do.

> Should I have to `guix pull` and `guix upgrade` it regularly, as well
> as my user profile?

‘guix pull’ alone updates the daemon and provides it with
‘glibc-utf8-locales’, which may or may not be enough for your purposes.

Could you run:

  cat /proc/PID/environ | xargs -0 echo

where PID is the PID of ‘guix-daemon’ as shown by ‘systemctl status’?

TIA,
Ludo’.