Subject: bug#37655: 27.0.50; reversing `gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date' does not work properly

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 21:46:19 -0700

On 10/09/19 15:51 PM, Hong Xu wrote:
> On 10/9/19 2:32 PM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't observe incorrect date. Is there an incorrect date in the example above?
>> Yes, the dates as displayed in the Summary format line are off from
>> the
>> dates in the Date header of the article itself. At least, that's what
>> I'm seeing in the Emacs -Q test.
>> In your personal messages, is it also the first thread in the
>> Summary
>> buffer that's sorted incorrectly? That would definitely indicate some
>> sort of error in the start/end of looping.
>> 
>
> The date of the message is correct for my personal message. The
> example mbox file actually also shows the correct date (as posted in
> the original report), because the article at issue was dated Fri, 13
> Oct 2000 10:15:42 +0900 in the mbox file, and I am on GMT-7, therefore
> 12 Oct 2000 was the correct date for me.

Right, sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make any process on this. Threading
is so complicated I can't even get a little test case going in the
*scratch* buffer to see what's happening. I'm going to have to bow out
of this one...