Subject: bug#37630: 27.0.50; image-mode-fit-frame doesn't

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 11:25:05 +0200

> Which JPG image did you use?

One of me, in the mountains.  You mean we should settle on the same
image if we find one we both can display.

 >> Looking at the code of 'image-mode-fit-frame' I can't find anything
 >> wrong with
 >>
 >> 	  (set-frame-height frame (+ (ceiling (cdr size))
 >> 				     height (- inner-height)))
 >>
 >> and would be surprised if this failed unless some frame properties
 >> changed in between the 'frame-height' and the 'window-inside-edges'
 >> calls.  Maybe it's also the strange saving modus that interferes in
 >> your setups.  The
 >>
 >> 			       (list (cons (frame-width)
 >> 					   (frame-height))
 >>
 >> doesn't look like TRT when FRAME is not the selected frame but so far
 >> I have no idea how this code is supposed to behave at all.  In either
 >> case, make sure the 'image-mode-saved-params' parameter is nil before
 >> calling 'image-mode-fit-frame'.
 >
 > My recipe is in "emacs -Q",

I'm using emacs -Q too but which ...

 > so I guess this condition holds?

... condition do you mean here?

martin