Subject: Re: bug#37630: 27.0.50; image-mode-fit-frame doesn't

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 10:43:51 +0200

> I hope Martin will help us out here.

If he only could (I don't use Emacs for images).  On my MSYS 64 bit
build, I can't display splash.svg getting the somewhat vague error

Using vacuous schema
Type C-c C-c or C-c C-x to view the image as an image or hex.
Cannot display image: (Invalid image specification)

When I instead try to display some jpg image here via C-x C-f I first
get a separate frame which is slightly larger than that image: When I
now do M-x image-mode-fit-frame in that frame, the frame resizes as
expected without any cropping.

Looking at the code of 'image-mode-fit-frame' I can't find anything
wrong with

	  (set-frame-height frame (+ (ceiling (cdr size))
				     height (- inner-height)))

and would be surprised if this failed unless some frame properties
changed in between the 'frame-height' and the 'window-inside-edges'
calls.  Maybe it's also the strange saving modus that interferes in
your setups.  The

			       (list (cons (frame-width)
					   (frame-height))

doesn't look like TRT when FRAME is not the selected frame but so far
I have no idea how this code is supposed to behave at all.  In either
case, make sure the 'image-mode-saved-params' parameter is nil before
calling 'image-mode-fit-frame'.

martin