Subject: bug#37627: Document how to bypass the Easy Customization interface

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2019 09:21:51 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

      > However certain older users are bad at using interfaces to set
      > variables and just want to set them the old fashioned way by hand
      > with setq in their .emacs file. It gives them more feelings of
      > control. For them, please see the final section below.

The purpose is a good one, but (speaking as one of those users) I find
it condescending.  I suggest these words instead:

   Some users prefer to write code in @file{.emacs} to set these
variables, perhaps because they are already accustomed to that method,
or perhaps because they would rather get ``closer to the metal.''  For
instructions, see the final section below.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)