Subject: [GNU Libtool 2.4.6] testsuite: 69 170 failed

From: Cody Logan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 09:00:34 -0700

This version was built against musl libc 1.1.23 using a cross-compiled
GCC 9.2.0.

Output of `gcc -v`:

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-musl/9.2.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-musl
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --enable-languages=c,c++
--disable-multilib --disable-bootstrap --with-system-zlib
--disable-libsanitizer --build=x86_64-pc-linux-musl
Thread model: posix
gcc version 9.2.0 (GCC)

Details of test 69:

69. shlibpath.at:25: testing shlibpath_overrides_runpath ...
libtool: compile:  gcc -g -O2 -c a.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/a.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -g -O2 -c a.c -o a.o >/dev/null 2>&1
libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/a.o    -g -O2
-Wl,-soname -Wl,liba.so.0 -o .libs/liba.so.0.0.0
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "liba.so.0" && ln -s
"liba.so.0.0.0" "liba.so.0")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "liba.so" && ln -s "liba.so.0.0.0"
"liba.so")
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/liba.a  a.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/liba.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "liba.la" && ln -s "../liba.la" "liba.la" )
libtool: install: cp .libs/liba.so.0.0.0
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.so.0.0.0
libtool: install: (cd
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib && { ln -s -f
liba.so.0.0.0 liba.so.0 || { rm -f liba.so.0 && ln -s liba.so.0.0.0
liba.so.0; }; })
libtool: install: (cd
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib && { ln -s -f
liba.so.0.0.0 liba.so || { rm -f liba.so && ln -s liba.so.0.0.0
liba.so; }; })
libtool: install: cp .libs/liba.lai
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.la
libtool: install: cp .libs/liba.a
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.a
libtool: install: chmod 644
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.a
libtool: install: ranlib
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.a
libtool: finish:
PATH="/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin:/sbin"
ldconfig -n /sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/libtool: line 1737: ldconfig: command not found
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Libraries have been installed in:
   /sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the '-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the 'LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the '-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator run these commands:

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
libtool: clean: rm -f liba.la .libs/liba.so.0.0.0 .libs/liba.so.0
.libs/liba.so .libs/liba.a .libs/liba.la .libs/liba.lai
libtool: clean: rmdir .libs >/dev/null 2>&1
./shlibpath.at:39: $LIBTOOL --mode=link $CC $CFLAGS $LDFLAGS -o
m$EXEEXT m.$OBJEXT -Lsub/lib -la -R`pwd`/sub/lib
stderr:
stdout:
libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -o m m.o  -Lsub/lib -la -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib
./shlibpath.at:41: $LIBTOOL --mode=link $CC $CFLAGS $LDFLAGS -o
m2$EXEEXT m.$OBJEXT -Lsub/lib -la
stderr:
stdout:
libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -o m2 m.o  -Lsub/lib -la
libtool: compile:  gcc -g -O2 -c a.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/a.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -g -O2 -c a.c -o a.o >/dev/null 2>&1
libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/a.o    -g -O2
-Wl,-soname -Wl,liba.so.0 -o .libs/liba.so.0.0.0
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "liba.so.0" && ln -s
"liba.so.0.0.0" "liba.so.0")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "liba.so" && ln -s "liba.so.0.0.0"
"liba.so")
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/liba.a  a.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/liba.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "liba.la" && ln -s "../liba.la" "liba.la" )
libtool: install: cp .libs/liba.so.0.0.0
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.so.0.0.0
libtool: install: (cd
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib && { ln -s -f
liba.so.0.0.0 liba.so.0 || { rm -f liba.so.0 && ln -s liba.so.0.0.0
liba.so.0; }; })
libtool: install: (cd
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib && { ln -s -f
liba.so.0.0.0 liba.so || { rm -f liba.so && ln -s liba.so.0.0.0
liba.so; }; })
libtool: install: cp .libs/liba.lai
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.la
libtool: install: cp .libs/liba.a
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.a
libtool: install: chmod 644
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.a
libtool: install: ranlib
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib/liba.a
libtool: finish:
PATH="/sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin:/sbin"
ldconfig -n /sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib
/sources/libtool-2.4.6/libtool: line 1737: ldconfig: command not found
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Libraries have been installed in:
   /sources/libtool-2.4.6/tests/testsuite.dir/069/sub/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the '-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the 'LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the '-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator run these commands:

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
libtool: clean: rm -f liba.la .libs/liba.so.0.0.0 .libs/liba.so.0
.libs/liba.so .libs/liba.a .libs/liba.la .libs/liba.lai
libtool: clean: rmdir .libs >/dev/null 2>&1
./shlibpath.at:54: if "$lt_exe" || exit 1 && exit 77; then :; else
lt_status=$?;    test "$lt_status" != 1 &&    test "X$host" !=
"X$build" && test -x "$lt_exe" && exit 77;    exit $lt_status; fi
stderr:
Error relocating ./m: a: symbol not found
stdout:
./shlibpath.at:68: if "$lt_exe" || exit 1; then :; else lt_status=$?;
  test "$lt_status" != 1 &&    test "X$host" != "X$build" && test -x
"$lt_exe" && exit 77;    exit $lt_status; fi
stderr:
stdout:
./shlibpath.at:68: exit code was 0, expected 1
69. shlibpath.at:25: 69. shlibpath_overrides_runpath
(shlibpath.at:25): FAILED (shlibpath.at:68)

The full testsuite log is attached.

-Cody