Subject: bug#37615: 27.0.50; package-test-macro-compilation fails

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 11:13:09 +0300

I just did the obvious:

  cd test
  make lisp/emacs-lisp/package-tests.log

and got this:

  Test package-test-macro-compilation backtrace:
    signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (macro-problem-func) '(1 b))
    ert-fail(((should (equal (macro-problem-func) '(1 b))) :form (equal
    (if (unwind-protect (setq value-77 (apply fn-75 args-76)) (setq form
    (let (form-description-79) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-77 (apply
    (let ((value-77 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-78)) (let (form-descrip
    (let* ((fn-75 #'equal) (args-76 (condition-case err (let ((signal-ho
    (progn nil (package-install-file (expand-file-name "macro-problem-pa
    (unwind-protect (progn nil (package-install-file (expand-file-name "
    (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
    (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*"))) (save-current-b
    (progn (fset 'y-or-n-p vnew) (fset 'yes-or-no-p vnew) (let ((temp-bu
    (unwind-protect (progn (fset 'y-or-n-p vnew) (fset 'yes-or-no-p vnew
    (let* ((vnew #'(lambda (&rest r) t)) (vnew #'(lambda (&rest r) t)) (
    (progn (cd "package-resources") (if (file-directory-p package-user-d
    (unwind-protect (progn (cd "package-resources") (if (file-directory-
    (let* ((package-test-user-dir (make-temp-file "pkg-test-user-dir-" t
    (lambda nil (let* ((package-test-user-dir (make-temp-file "pkg-test-
    ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
    ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name package-test-macro-compilation :docum
    ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
    ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
    ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (tag :unstable))) t)
    command-line-1((#("-L" 0 2 (charset cp862)) #(";." 0 2 (charset cp86
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test package-test-macro-compilation condition:
      (ert-test-failed
       ((should
	 (equal
	  (macro-problem-func)
	  '...))
	:form
	(equal
	 (progn a b)
	 (1 b))
	:value nil :explanation
	(proper-lists-of-different-length 3 2
					  (progn a b)
					  (1 b)
					  first-mismatch-at 0)))
     FAILED  13/21  package-test-macro-compilation (0.796875 sec)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1452, i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2019-10-04 built on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: 3886a5c140b03f07c8faea7cacad0a791bc54fa5
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int --with-modules
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 50864 9234)
 (symbols 48 7160 1)
 (strings 16 18763 2090)
 (string-bytes 1 528068)
 (vectors 16 9862)
 (vector-slots 8 129461 7294)
 (floats 8 21 35)
 (intervals 40 258 0)
 (buffers 888 11))