Subject: [bug#37603] [PATCH] gnu: Add aha.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 16:47:07 +0200

Wiktor,

Thanks for the patch!  This isn't a review, just an answer to your 
question:

Wiktor Żelazny 写道：
> Hi, This is the first time that I’m submitting something that 
> uses the
> git-fetch method. I tried to follow the manual. Unfortunately, 
> it does
> not explain the role of this "0.9" string. I noticed that other
> contributors use various values. I left it at "0.9".

It's not a random value; it's the last ‘real’ release, think of it 
as ‘release 0.9 + some more commits that were needed for some 
reason’.  If the project has never seen a release, ‘0.0.0’ is 
used.  You'll find that this is quite common, too.

At https://github.com/theZiz/aha/releases, we can see that the 
last release before this commit was ‘0.5’, so that's what you 
should use.

However: we prefer packaging releases, not arbitrary commits.  Why 
not package 0.5?  If it's because it's old (it is) and missing 
cool features, consider asking the author to cut a new release.

Whatever the case, please note the reason in a comment: ‘The last 
release 0.5 is missing the vital foo feature and/or crashes on 
Fridays’.

Since I'm here (still not a review! :-):

> +        (revision "1"))          ;Guix package revision

I know you probably copied this from elsewhere, but don't think 
this comment adds anything.

> +                (url "git://github.com/theZiz/aha.git")

Please use https:// instead of git://.

Kind regards,

T G-R