Subject: bug#376: latex error message starts dired

From: Ralf Angeli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:50:39 +0200

* Chong Yidong (2008-07-25) writes:

>> The parser finds this error and subsequently tries to determine the file
>> name.  In course of that it checks the "(\pi" construct with point right
>> before the backslash.  In this case the form
>> (file-readable-p (thing-at-point 'filename))
>> returns t and the file name is set to an empty string.  (This is what
>> `(thing-at-point 'filename)' returns.)
>
> How bout the following patch to tex-mode?

> ! 		      (while (not 
> ! 			      (and (setq try-filename (thing-at-point
> ! 						       'filename))
> ! 				   (not (string= "" try-filename))
> ! 				   (file-readable-p try-filename)))

Looks okay (without actually trying it).  (I'd probably move the `setq'
call into the `string=' call.)  Of course it will still lose if there is
a string after the paren which corresponds to the name of an existing
file, but the chances for that are really slim.

-- 
Ralf