Subject: bug#37578: closed (Re: bug#37578: 26.3; image-mode does not display the bottom edge of a tall image)

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 18:07:53 +0200

[email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System) writes:

Hi Eli,

>> When viewing a tall image with image-mode, 
>> typing M-> shows bottom side of the image.
>> But the lowest edge is not displayed.
>
> image-mode.el was scrolling images vertically in units of canonical
> character height, so it couldn't handle the last portion of an image
> smaller than the height of one character.
>
> This is now fixed on the master branch.

Your change 9c66b09950cf2db50eb6d818656a268ef750bfe6 broke doc-view.el
and the pdf-tools package whose author already filed bug#37874 for the
issue.

Could you have a look?  If the image functions stay returning pixel
values that's ok but Andreas and I will need to adapt pdf-tools and
doc-view.el accordingly.

Bye,
Tassilo