Subject: bug#37574: [PATCH] Remove references to obsolete package gnuserv

From: Bill Wohler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 10:16:55 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 20:24:07 +0200
> > 
> > On visiting the gnuserv website http://meltin.net/hacks/emacs/, we now find:
> > 
> > "I used to have some Emacs and Haskell hacks on my previous
> > sites. However, these hacks are now old and un-maintained. I don’t
> > think there is enough interest to keep them around."
> > 
> > Please see the attached patch.  Is it ok to push?
> 
> Fine with me, but I'd like to have Bill's approval for the MH-E bit.

[Trying to get through some backlog before upcoming travel builds it
back up again.]

Thanks, Eli and Stefan.

A quick Google search didn't reveal any news about gnuserv's demise,
although there hasn't been any changes in a decade. It is still in
Debian sid and Ubuntu 19 (disco), for example. I think we should keep
the references as long as it is maintained in some fashion.

> Thanks.

-- 
Bill Wohler <[email-masked]> aka <[email-masked]>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/, GnuPG ID:610BD9AD