Subject: bug#37573: closed (Re: bug#37573: 27.0.50; Remote file opened from GNOME-Nautilus)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 13:45:03 +0000

Your bug report

#37573: 27.0.50; Remote file opened from GNOME-Nautilus

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37573: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37573
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37573: 27.0.50; Remote file opened from GNOME-Nautilus
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 15:44:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 27.1

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

> I suggest to reorder the words in the beginning of this sentence:

Thanks for the review, all changes applied. I've pushed it to master,
closing the bug.

Tim, if there are problems with the proposed workaround, you might come
back and describe in detail.

> Thanks.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 27.0.50; Remote file opened from GNOME-Nautilus
From: Tim Zander <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 17:00:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce

Connect to remote ssh server via GNOME-Nautilus.

Drag-and-drop any file from Nautilius to Emacs or just open it from there.

Change this file and try to save.

Get the following Error

Saving file
/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=196.196.196.196,user=ubuntu/home/ubuntu/FOO...

basic-save-buffer-2: Unlocking file: Function not implemented,
/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=196.196.196.196,user=ubuntu/home/FOO

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2019-09-26 built on lcy01-amd64-022
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Recent messages:
(New file)
funcall-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer input> [3 times]
Making completion list...
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Making completion list...
Read-Only mode disabled in current buffer
Saving file /run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=,user=ubuntu/home/ubuntu/input...
basic-save-buffer-2: Unlocking file: Function not implemented,
/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=,user=ubuntu/home/ubuntu/input
Mark set
Mark saved where search started

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=-snapshot --with-modules=yes --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets=yes 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-snapshot-fC400k/emacs-snapshot-98514=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides
/usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch
time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib browse-url tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 49492 11491)
 (symbols 48 6177 1)
 (strings 32 16257 1599)
 (string-bytes 1 525839)
 (vectors 16 9447)
 (vector-slots 8 125910 11864)
 (floats 8 20 46)
 (intervals 56 291 0)
 (buffers 992 14))