Subject: bug#37573: 27.0.50; Remote file opened from GNOME-Nautilus

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 16:11:35 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 14:57:54 +0200
> 
> +*** Gnome: Navigation from Nautilus to remote files.
> +
> +If you navigate to a file in Nautilus via "Open With Emacs", which
> +belongs to a remote server, you might not be able to save this file

I suggest to reorder the words in the beginning of this sentence:

  If you navigate to a file, which belongs to a remote server, in
  Nautilus via "Open With Emacs" you might not be able to save this
  file[...]

Does this describe the situation correctly?

The original wording made it hard to understand what "belongs to a
remote server".

> +once you have modified it in Emacs. The reasons for failing are
                                     ^^
Two spaces.

> +different, and for some connection methods it might even be possible.

Here' I'd rephrase

  The reasons for the failure can vary, and for some connection
  methods saving the file might even succeed.

> +A better approach might be to avoid navigation from Nautilus to Emacs
> +for such files, and to open the file in Emacs using Tramp remote file
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"and instead to open the file..."

Thanks.