Subject: bug#37562: 26.2; Obsolete vt-control and vt100-led

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 11:57:58 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 01:02:35 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], 
> 	Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> 
> Would it make sense to mark them as obsolete and if anyone complains
> to create a new ELPA package for them instead?  We could even say in
> NEWS that, in case anyone is still using this, we would appreciate it
> if they reported back to emacs-devel or somesuch.  (I think I've seen
> that being done once before, so there is some precedent.)
> 
> My objective in writing this is to figure out a way forward for the
> original request/suggestion, but I don't feel very strongly about it.
> However, if we can't find a reasonable way to do this, or if we don't
> want to, I think we're better off closing this as wontfix.

I prefer the latter.  This issue is so minor that we've already
invested way too much energy in it.  There's no tangible benefit in
obsoleting these tiny files.