Subject: bug#3755: 23.0.95; Wish: please provide kill-whole-visual-line function

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 17:35:32 +0200

pent <[email-masked]> writes:

> The new Emacs provides function kill-visual-line, which is bound to
> C-k in Visual Lines Mode. It would be nice if Emacs also provided
> function kill-whole-visual-line similar to kill-whole-line, bound to
> C-S-backspace in Visual Lines Mode:
>
> (kill-whole-visual-line &optional arg)

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately didn't get any
response at the time.)

That seems like a logical addition, but I wonder whether there may be
users who are used to `C-S-backspace' killing the entire physical line
in visual line mode, too.

The utility of having that keystroke killing just the visual line seems
limited -- that functionality is already as `C-a C-k', which is about as
many keys, while having `C-S-backspace' do that it does now seems more
useful.

So I'm inclined to not alter the behaviour here.  Anybody got an
opinion?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no