Subject: bug#37520: closed (Re: bug#37520: maxima x86_64/linux build failure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 16:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#37520: maxima x86_64/linux build failure

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
37520: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37520
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#37520: maxima x86_64/linux build failure
From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 18:42:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thank you. It is now building fine for me.

I'm glad I could help.  I'm closing this bug now.

Regards,

Diego

Subject: maxima x86_64/linux build failure
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 05:54:12 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Running guix overlaid on Debian 9 amd64. Ran guix pull && guix package
-u. Ran guix install wxmaxima. Build fails with

/ 'configure' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/m5r9y68mhya0kv828mp62y28bfm0lrmv-maxima-5.42.2.drv' failed
with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/m5r9y68mhya0kv828mp62y28bfm0lrmv-maxima-5.42.2.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/m5/r9y68mhya0kv828mp62y28bfm0lrmv-maxima-
5.42.2.drv.bz2'.

Last lines of build log are

checking for gcl... true
checking for iconv... true
checking for recode... false
configure: error: unable to run gcl executable "gcl".
Backtrace:
           4 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/8n7mpp0l8rqv26gxr9hg9aj3ax4…")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   191:35  3 (_ _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   863:16  2 (every1 #<procedure 782420 at /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvq…>
…)
In /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvqbh7ysc9ay9slhijvmal-module-
import/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
   799:28  1 (_ _)
In /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvqbh7ysc9ay9slhijvmal-module-
import/guix/build/utils.scm:
    616:6  0 (invoke _ . _)

/gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvqbh7ysc9ay9slhijvmal-module-
import/guix/build/utils.scm:616:6: In procedure invoke:
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error [program:
"/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-
4.4.23/bin/bash" arguments: ("./configure"
"CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-
4.4.23/bin/bash" "SHELL=/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-
bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash" "
--prefix=/gnu/store/3ihrqrdsq6r4n69nvaznbvcqni38c968-maxima-5.42.2" "
--enable-fast-install" "--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" "--enable-
gcl" "--with-posix-shell=/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-
bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/sh" "--with-
wish=/gnu/store/2zl6wcliyd2ny8w73h77vk8bn4x91b7x-tk-8.6.8/bin/wish8.6") 
exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 8a0d40>)'.

-- 
Christopher Howard
p: +1 (907) 374-0257
w: https://librehacker.com
social feed: https://gnusocial.club/librehacker
xmpp: [email-masked]
otr: E9685B53 01F038DD D29281C9 30FDA71E BD0095D4
gnupg: 23FD5CC5 (keys.gnupg.net)
radio: KL1TL
featured: https://worldenglishbible.org/