Subject: [bug#37493] [bug#37519] [PATCH v2 2/2] gnu: add iwd.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 10:27:03 +0200

Hi Brice,

"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On 29 September, 2019 23:01 CEST, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote: 
>  
>> I didn’t know about the add_key(2) syscall, but looking at the man page,
>> it seems that the “asymmetric” type is not supported (but EBADMSG is not
>> documented either…).
>
> It was missing the kernel module pkcs8_key_parser, as explained in src/pkcs8.conf. Since we can't load it at build time, I disabled the test. Following is the content of src/pkcs8.conf:
>
>  # When distributions use CONFIG_PKCS8_PRIVATE_KEY_PARSER=m kernel option,
> # using keyctl(2) will fail for loading PKCS#8 private keys since there is
> # no automatic module loading for key type parsers.  This entry ensures
> # that the kernel module pkcs8_key_parser.ko is loaded at boot time.

Oh, I see, thanks for explaining.

So what about skipping the test altogether (because we cannot guarantee
that the kernel will have that kernel module), along the lines of the
Alpine patch you showed, but with a comment explaining why we skip the
test?

Thank you,
Ludo’.