Subject: bug#37492: GUIXSD 1.0.1 install error

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 14:00:15 +0200

RAUL H C LOPES <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Marius,
>
> I've managed to install GuixSD by chossing  msdos instead of gpt. 
> Coincidence? Is the gpt setup tested?

Can you share the steps required to reproduce the error?

> I've running the system for a few days.
>
> I need now a good manual> I'm suffering for:
>   - reconfigure stuff that is usually in /etc, like /etc/ssh/sshd_config;

There is a good up-to-date manual here:
<https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel>.  Search for 'openssh-configuration'
for examples on how to configure the SSH daemon.

>   - running a make on an open source project who looks for linux libs 
> where debian would find them.

Typically you would do something like `guix environment --ad-hoc
gcc-toolchain make` to enter a shell environment where all the
dependencies of the program you want to build are present.