Subject: 27.0.50; uncaught exception

From: Christian Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 16:00:38 +0200

I want to handle errors occurring in asynchronous threads like in this
example, is it possible?

(make-thread
(lambda()
(message "Start of asynchronous thread")
(signal 'error '("Fatal error"))
(message "End of asynchronous thread")))

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-apple-darwin18.5.0, NS 
appkit-1671.40 Version 10.14.4 (Build 18E226))
of 2019-07-12 built on Christians-MacBook-Air.local
Repository revision: 8179cbff9ed37e7d8892643859adfad448ae1c7a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description: Mac OS X 10.14.4

Recent messages:
Mark activated
Auto-saving...done
Quit
Saving file 
/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/ownCloud/Mediastrategi/async.el...
Wrote /Users/christianjohansson/Documents/ownCloud/Mediastrategi/async.el
Quit
previous-line: Beginning of buffer
Mark set
M-g C-g is undefined
Quit
Quit
Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_SE.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
global-hl-todo-mode: t
hl-todo-mode: t
flycheck-color-mode-line-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
save-place-mode: t
global-diff-hl-mode: t
diff-hl-mode: t
ssh-deploy-line-mode: t
global-auto-complete-mode: t
global-hl-line-mode: t
flyspell-mode: t
editorconfig-mode: t
which-key-mode: t
csv-field-index-mode: t
global-flycheck-mode: t
flycheck-mode: t
async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
yas-global-mode: t
yas-minor-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
ido-everywhere: t
display-time-mode: t
winner-mode: t
electric-pair-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-local-symbol-highlight-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
global-semantic-decoration-mode: t
global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
global-semantic-show-parser-state-mode: t
global-semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode: t
global-semantic-highlight-edits-mode: t
semantic-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
display-battery-mode: t
global-whitespace-mode: t
which-function-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-functions 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-functions
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-tags 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-tags
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-lexer 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-lexer
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-macros 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-macros
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-semantic 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-semantic
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-automation 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-automation
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-syntax-table 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-syntax-table
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-flymake 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-flymake
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-test-functions 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-test-functions
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-functions 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-functions
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-tags 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-tags
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-test-integration 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-test-integration
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-lexer 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-lexer
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-test-parser hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-test-parser
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-macros 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-macros
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-test-lexer hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-test-lexer
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-semantic 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-semantic
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-autoloads 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-autoloads
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-automation 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-automation
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-syntax-table 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-syntax-table
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-flymake 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-flymake
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-test-syntax-table 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-test-syntax-table
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode-pkg 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode-pkg
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190918.701/phps-mode 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190916.1730/phps-mode
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/ssh-deploy/ssh-deploy hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/ssh-deploy-20181106.1347/ssh-deploy
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/ssh-deploy/ssh-deploy-diff-mode hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/ssh-deploy-20181106.1347/ssh-deploy-diff-mode
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/less-css-mode-20161001.453/less-css-mode 
hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/less-css-mode
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/mantemp hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete/mantemp

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail help-fns cl-print debug two-column
iso-transl phps-mode-tags phps-mode-syntax-table phps-mode-semantic
phps-mode-functions phps-mode-flymake semantic/doc phps-mode-lexer
phps-mode-macros semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent names edebug
backtrace tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode view package-recipe-mode
package-build-badges package-build package-recipe vc-git vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch
display-line-numbers rainbow-mode hl-todo flycheck-rust
flycheck-color-mode-line face-remap cus-edit cus-start cus-load init
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap smartparens-html
sgml-mode dom nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok misc ts-comint tss log4e helm
helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib json-mode json-reformat
json-snatcher tide tide-lv typescript-mode zenburn-theme smarty-mode
paren saveplace mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnutls network-stream url-cache restclient shackle trace smex
flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode
exec-path-from-shell ssh-deploy-hydra ssh-deploy
emacs-wisent-grammar-converter nginx-mode ac-html ac-html-core
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup ztree ztree-diff
ztree-diff-model ztree-dir ztree-view ztree-util gulp-task-runner grunt
powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes phpcbf
php-auto-yasnippets php-mode php-project add-log cc-langs web-beautify
w3m doc-view jka-compr dired dired-loaddefs image-mode timezone w3m-hist
w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc
w3m-util hydra lv imenu-list hl-line auto-dictionary flyspell ispell
editorconfig ansible-doc org-jira org-jira-sdk jiralib request
mail-utils soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw
nsm rmc puny rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp xml org-clock
org-element avl-tree smartparens-org org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs ecb ecb-symboldef ecb-analyse ecb-compatibility
ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload radix-tree ecb-tod ecb-cycle
ecb-eshell ecb-help ecb-jde ecb-method-browser hideshow
ecb-semantic-wrapper ecb-semantic ecb-file-browser ecb-speedbar
ecb-layout ecb-create-layout ecb-compilation ecb-common-browser speedbar
sb-image dframe ecb-navigate eieio-compat ecb-mode-line ecb-face
tree-buffer ecb-upgrade ecb-cedet-wrapper semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref ecb-util which-key csv-mode sort flycheck-package
package-lint finder finder-inf lisp-mnt flycheck flymake-rust
flymake-easy flymake-proc flymake warnings rust-playground time-stamp
cargo cargo-process smartparens-markdown markdown-mode color noutline
outline smartparens-rust rust-mode image+ image-file google-translate
google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf mailcap
lorem-ipsum darktooth-theme autothemer smartparens-config
smartparens-javascript smartparens-text smartparens paredit ripgrep
thingatpt grep compile minimap skewer-mode cache-table js2-mode etags
fileloop generator xref project js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs simple-httpd pp
url-util doom-themes doom-themes-common base16-theme dracula-theme
with-editor async-bytecomp async server yasnippet yaxception ht dash
know-your-http-well http-status-codes http-relations http-methods
http-headers s use-package up-delight up-diminish up-ensure up-core
pcase cl bind-key easy-mmode ido time winner elec-pair desktop frameset
recentf tree-widget wid-edit semantic/mru-bookmark semantic/db-mode
semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base semantic/format ezimage
semantic/ctxt semantic/decorate/mode semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/decorate pulse semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet edmacro
kmacro delsel battery disp-table whitespace which-func imenu windmove
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time ls-lisp format-spec
wombat-theme rx cl-extra help-mode advice info package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 752194 242623)
(symbols 48 61091 23)
(strings 32 234066 45399)
(string-bytes 1 7200853)
(vectors 16 92145)
(vector-slots 8 1768635 188454)
(floats 8 768 1432)
(intervals 56 5603 3108)
(buffers 992 34))

-- 

Hälsningar / Best Regards
Christian