Subject: Re: bug#37480: 27.0.50; uncaught exception

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 09:14:51 +0200

Christian Johansson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi

Hi Christian,

> Alright, I didn't know about that function. Can you give an example of
> how to use it?

See .../test/src/thread-tests.el, function threads-errors.

> I would be interested in exploring how to signal the main thread from
> the created thread, where can I read more about that?

thread-signal does NOT raise an error if the target thread is the main
thread. You see just the message.

See .../test/src/thread-tests.el, function threads-signal-main-thread.

If you want a signal to be propagated to the main thread, you must
organise differently. For example checking thread-last-error, when the
main thread gets control.

> Hälsningar / Best Regards
> Christian

Best regards, Michael.