Subject: [bug#37465] add xftwidth displayed textwidth calculator package

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 17:32:31 +0200

Kyle,

Thanks for the patch.

Kyle Andrews 写道：
> I've fixed the notes I saw from guix lint:
>
> 1. https -> http for github urls

I thought this was just a typo, but the patch agrees.  Our linter 
doesn't recommend HTTP over HTTPS for GitHub (or indeed any) URLs. 
In fact, it should now warn about a

  gnu/packages/xftwidth@20170402: permanent redirect from
  http://github.com/vixus0/xftwidth to
  https://github.com/vixus0/xftwidth

Also, the GNU/Guix style is to…
- never use tabs for indentation, only spaces.
- use two spaces between prose sentences: ‘…Xft fonts.  It is…’.
                                                      ^^
The linter should have warned you about both of these, too.

It sounds like yours is behaving quite strangely.  What, exactly, 
did it say?

Kind regards,

T G-R