Subject: bug#37461: define-generic doesn't promote equal? to generic

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 12:08:25 -0500

Rob Browning <[email-masked]> writes:

> A re-export doesn't affect the module using the re-exporter, and export
> and replace both fail with "Unbound variable: equal?", even though
> there's a (define equal?  ...)  in the module.

Perhaps there was something else going on, but now :replace does appear
to work, e.g. if I define a completely new generic and then

  (define equal? new-equal)

a "replace: (equal?)" in the define-module does appear to work when you
use the module.

Though define-method still ignores attempts to specialize (or change the
specialization) for existing types like <string>, etc. (as mentioned in
my other message).

Thanks
-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2011-07-10 E6A9 DA3C C9FD 1FF8 C676 D2C4 C0F0 39E9 ED1B 597A
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4