Subject: bug#37454: EPA (The EasyPG Assistant) problems saving .tar.gpg files

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 09:36:47 +0200

Andrea Cardaci <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 01:31, Andrea Cardaci <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Now a message says "Wrote /tmp/test.tar.gpg" but the `*Keys*` buffer
>> is still there (that doesn't happen for regular .gpg files) and a
>> recursive edit is in progress (there are square brackets around the
>> major modes).
>
> At least this has been fixed in Emacs 27:

I tried the recipe in Emacs 28.1, and I'm not able to reproduce the bugs
as described -- I get an encrypted file that's saved.

file /tmp/test4.tar.gpg
/tmp/test4.tar.gpg: GPG symmetrically encrypted data (AES256 cipher)

However, when loading the back again, after displaying the contents, I
get:

Parsing tar file... 
File mode specification error: (error Malformed Tar header)

So there's still some bugs in this area, apparently...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no