Subject: bug#37447: 26.3; Commands on <delete> and <backspace>

From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:32:19 +0200

> What does "C-h c M-<delete>" display?  Does that text answer your
 > questions, when you contrast it with what "C-h c" shows for <delete>
 > and C-<delete>?

C-h c M-<delete>:
     M-DEL (translated from <M-delete>) runs the command
     backward-kill-word

C-h c <delete>:
     <deletechar> (translated from <delete>) runs the command
     delete-forward-char

C-h c C-<delete>:
     <C-delete> runs the command kill-word

I'm not sure how this could help me or how I'm suppose to understand
this.

M-<delete> doesn't run command, but is translated to 'M-DEL' that does
run the command.  M-<backspace> uses the same translation.  Couldn't
it be:
- <M-delete> runs the command kill-word
- M-DEL (translated from <C-delete>) runs the command
   backward-kill-word

Or couldn't 'C-<delete>' run command backward-kill-word directly?