Subject: bug#37446: 26.2; feature request, git on GNU Emacs Reference Card

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 19:46:19 +0200

VanL <[email-masked]> writes:

> I found my way to the following
>
> + https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/refcards/pdf/refcard.pdf
>
> while looking at a dired buffer listing emacs's files and wanting to
> find the keybinding to invoke `git fetch'.  Unfortunately, the refcard
> has no section for git, which would be nice to have.  Can a future
> revision of the refcard include a git section?  Thank you.

Emacs doesn't have a special git interface, but Emacs does have
`vc-dir', which does have commands like `+' which, if you're in a git
directory, will fetch and merge/rebase/whatever.

But the refcard doesn't cover vc mode -- it's only supposed to cover the
most basic stuff, I think, and it's pretty full already.  (It's only two
pages.)  So I think this is beyond the scope of the refcard, and I'm
closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no