Subject: [bug#37444] [PATCH] added aerc, a simple email client and its dependcies

From: Martin Becze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 02:20:26 -0700

Certainly! I'll get that up later today. On the propagated-inputs issue.
So I might be wrong here. But since all the go libraries are source only
it doesn't matter to the end result if the are propagated or not if the
libraries are used as `native-inputs`.. they shouldn't be left lying
around (I think?). Now the reason why the need to be propagated is that
when the go compiler go to compile the top level app (aerc) it needs to
have in it's GOPATH all of the dependencies and the dependencies of the
dependencies. The other way to do it is to put all of dependencies and
the dependencies of the dependencies in the native-input. But that
didn't seem right to me. Let me know what you think!

On 2019-09-18 09:01, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> 
>> This adds aerc, which is a terminal based email client written in go.
> 
> Thank you for your patch!
> 
> Could you please separate the independent changes into separate commits
> and add commit summaries?  For example, the update of
> go-github-com-mitchellh-go-homedir should be done separately.
> 
> Please also explain why “inputs” had to be changed to
> “propagated-inputs” in some packages, and mention these kind of changes
> in the commit summary.
> 
> Thanks!