Subject: [bug#37413] [PATCH 0/9] Channel news distribution mechanism

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 00:52:58 +0200

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 11:49:50PM +0200, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> Le Mon, 16 Sep 2019 23:25:55 +0200,
> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> > I’m thinking we could have an alias with volunteer translators who
> > would provide text fragments by email to the developer who wrote the
> > news?  Does that sound reasonable?
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > Ludo’.
> 
> As long as the volume is low, I think it's reasonable, but it should be
> documented.

Yes, I want to provide such a service, but package names and
descriptions should be translated too.  I think best practice would be
if channel authors marked their news file along with the package names
and descriptions and submit those to the Translation Project instead.
I do not know if it is possible to tell xgettext (or maybe
intltool-extract) to mark an entire file for translation, maybe it is.
If not, we could provide tooling that formats a file’s contents as a
PO entry though.  The PO entry could then be prepended to the
extracted package name and description strings with the msgcat
program.  The resulting POT file should be submitted to the
Translation Project.

Regards,
Florian