Subject: Re: [bug#37413] [PATCH 0/9] Channel news distribution mechanism

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 23:25:55 +0200

Howdy,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This patch series adds a mechanism for channel authors to distribute
> “news entries” alongside their channels.  The goal is to provide a
> way for channel authors (including authors of the 'guix channel!)
> to inform their users about important changes.
>
> For example, you’d tell people about package upgrades that require
> manual intervention, about important new features, bug fixes, etc.

[...]

> Regarding i18n, the title and body of an entry can be provided in
> several languages.  I wonder what workflow we should adopt;
> obviously the TP wouldn’t be appropriate, and there’s no gettext
> involved.

Julien, Florian: any thoughts on how we could organize to translate
these news entries?  (See <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37413>.)

I’m thinking we could have an alias with volunteer translators who
would provide text fragments by email to the developer who wrote the
news?  Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Ludo’.