Subject: bug#37408: 27.0.50; list-processes can hang

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 14:06:57 +0200

I just tried to kill Emacs, but it seems to hang indefinitely, so I
`C-g' and got this backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  process-contact(#<process raw.githubusercontent.com<3>> t)
  list-processes--refresh()
  list-processes(t)
  save-buffers-kill-emacs(nil)
  save-buffers-kill-terminal(nil)
  funcall-interactively(save-buffers-kill-terminal nil)
  call-interactively(save-buffers-kill-terminal nil nil)
  command-execute(save-buffers-kill-terminal)

So it hangs while trying to get info to query the user about killing
some processes.

Does this seem familiar to anybody?  Calling `process-contact' on this
process seems to reliably infloop.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 44, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2019-09-04 built on marnie
Repository revision: 4c3a40a9b7b8b953d7882942d44373ccd8f7a3cd
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11902000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no