Subject: Cannot 'guix guix build --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 perl'

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 09:53:20 +0200

Hello guix,

Trying to run 'guix build --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 perl' results in
the following exception in the latest stages of the build:

phase `install' succeeded after 36.7 seconds
starting phase `remove-extra-references'
Backtrace:
          13 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/qnavzfxvw5rng7z8rzlx9zw0ji9…")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   191:35 12 (_ _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   863:16 11 (every1 #<procedure 61edc0 at /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvq…> …)
In /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvqbh7ysc9ay9slhijvmal-module-import/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
   799:28 10 (_ _)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  9 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user)…>) …) …) …) …) …))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    841:4  8 (with-throw-handler _ _ _)
In ice-9/ports.scm:
   444:17  7 (call-with-input-file _ _ #:binary _ #:encoding _ # _)
In /gnu/store/gfprsx2m62cvqbh7ysc9ay9slhijvmal-module-import/guix/build/utils.scm:
   641:26  6 (_ _)
   667:26  5 (_ #<input: /gnu/store/fa7x5xq709dvsx0rnz167f5ba2h6ssq…> …)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  4 (fold #<procedure 7ffff5d2b0c0 at /gnu/store/gfprsx2m6…> …)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   202:51  3 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user)…> …)) …) …) …) …))
    163:9  2 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user)…> …)) …) …) …) …))
In unknown file:
           1 (string-append "incpth='" #f "/include'\n")
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   752:25  0 (dispatch-exception _ _ _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:752:25: In procedure dispatch-exception:
In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #f
builder for
`/gnu/store/2khcqc5rpc0wizhihpq69x6qn3f7nw5l-perl-5.28.0.drv' failed
with exit code 1

I have the full log.  Do you wish to see it?

Did I do something wrong?  Is it the same for you?  Is there a
workaround?

Best regards,

Vivien