Subject: Re: bug#37403: Cannot 'guix guix build --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 perl'

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 14:16:45 +0200

Vivien Kraus writes:

>> Are you using the core-updates-next branch?
>
> No,

Ah.  In that case it's a `know bug' that is being worked on.

> how do I do that?

I looked into core-updates-next and at the moment it does not seem to be
in a really usable state, in other words: work in progress.

Theoretically one might do `guix pull --branch=<branch-name>'.  However,
branches other than master and version-1.0.x are generally not suited
for general use.  See `14.6 Submitting Patches'
(https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html).

Using a developer branch like core-updates-next is usually done by
working on a clone of the Guix Git archive.  See `14.1 Building from
Git' (https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Building-from-Git.html).

Greetings,
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com