Subject: [bug#37401] [PATCH 2/2] pack: Add packages in the order in which they appear on the command line.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 18:27:42 +0200

Hi,

That really nice!
Thank you.

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 at 11:43, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It’s mostly so that if you do ‘guix pack -f docker sed grep findutils’
> the repo name is “sed-grep-findutils” and not “findutils-grep-sed”.

It is not in the doc, right?
If I want to create a "profile" with a meaningful name, then the order
after '-f' becomes important. Maybe one line explaining, something
like:

(current doc)
The result is a tarball that can be passed to the ‘docker load’ command.
See the Docker documentation
(https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/load/) for more
information.
(addition)
Note that the profile name is built using the package names.

Well, and what happens if there is 10 or more packages? Is the name trimmed?

All the best,
simon