Subject: bug#3740: documentation of args to `documentation-property' differ info<-->docstring on 23.0.92.1 thru 23.0.95

From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 19:42:52 -0400

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 2:46 AM, martin rudalics<[email-masked]> wrote:
> The current Elisp reference manual features more than 500 such
> {...}
> recompile, rebuild.  Doing this manually would get people busy for quite
> some time.

Sure, but this particular case is significant in a way that other +/-
499 might not be;
`documentation-property' relates to the documentation of documentation.

Me: "How shall I get at a symbol's documentation?"
Me to myself: "RTFM!"
Me: "Manual doesn't agree with source..."
Me to myself: "Hrmmm... well, FTFM!"

Getting to discrepancies like this one is _kinda_ important.

Again, in this _particular_ situation this is not simply a discrepancy
but a fundamental inconsistency w/re to Emacs.

I understand that this particular situation may pose a bootstrapping
issue. However, if that is the case then it certainly doesn't hold
that the 'discrepancy'  is of "no importance".

What exactly does it say that the one true self documenting editor
can't/won't correctly self document the very documentation of how it
self documents?

Actually - on second thought - disregard the previous rhetorical
question its not of any importance...

> martin
s_P