Subject: bug#3740: documentation of args to `documentation-property' differ info<-->docstring on 23.0.92.1 thru 23.0.95

From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 00:35:26 -0400

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Glenn Morris<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> If your point is, they use different names for some of the arguments,
> this is of no importance.
>

Blech.

 I have no point other than to indicate that there is a discrepancy.

It is *important* enough that I noticed the discrepancy when trying to
_understand_ what the function does!

The discrepancy - however trivial it  may be to _you_ - is none the
less a discrepancy.

Surely you don't hold this view for _all_ functions.

Should one assume that consistent indication of the args to a function
is of no importance across the board - or does this apply only for
this particular inconsistency?

Some pigs are more equal than others i guess...

s_P