Subject: bug#37397: 26.2; less-than-character cuts off end of pre tag in eww

From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:44:55 +0200

Doing

M-x eww http://www.haskellforall.com/2012/09/the-functor-design-pattern.html RET

I see

    idB   = return
    (._B) = (<=
    ... and our map function obeyed the functor laws:

where it should show

    idB   = return
    (._B) = (<=<)

    ... and our map function obeyed the functor laws:

The html for this fragment is

    <pre>
    idB   = return
    (._B) = (<=<)
    </pre>
    ... and our <tt>map</tt> function obeyed the functor laws:

In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.8)
 of 2019-04-12 built on lcy01-amd64-026
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description:	Ubuntu 19.04

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Contacting host: www.haskellforall.com:80
Mark saved where search started

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=26 --with-modules --with-file-notification=inotify
 --with-mailutils --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets
 --with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs26-YcBQyB/emacs26-26.2~1.gitfd1b34b=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -no-pie' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
 -no-pie''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: nn_NO.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail misearch multi-isearch cl-extra
help-mode network-stream starttls url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231
url-gw nsm rmc url-cache url-auth eww easymenu puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars mailcap shr svg xml seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv dom browse-url format-spec cl-loaddefs cl-lib
elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 195310 11775)
 (symbols 48 25414 1)
 (miscs 40 66 284)
 (strings 32 49980 1480)
 (string-bytes 1 1464447)
 (vectors 16 19116)
 (vector-slots 8 575203 10820)
 (floats 8 111 602)
 (intervals 56 11653 664)
 (buffers 992 12))