Subject: Re: bug#37390: 26.3; ediff-buffers appears to have a focus issue

From: Matthew Persico <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:25:23 -0400

As for diagnosis, I’ll try to get to it by end of week. I have a task I
absolutely have to finish this week. I am also currently on the train.  :-)

I *can* tell you from here that I am connecting to my Linux vms via Exceed
on Demand, an enterprise version of hummingbird exceed running on a windows
laptop and the windows are free floating on the windows side. There’s no
vm-side window manager.

I did notice that my vm has different fonts after the rebuild so I am
betting the culprit is probably the X software. But I have no record of the
software versions before the rebuild, so I don’t know how useful that
information will be.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 8:19 AM Matthew Persico <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Split window horizontally? Oh man I have to try that!
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:56 AM martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>  > For YEARS I've been using a separate frame for control. I'll just
>> toggle
>>  > that off. No issues with that in 26.2. I will try in 26.3. And now
>> that I
>>  > see it, why the heck would you want a separate frame? To have multiple
>>  > diffs going at the same time?
>>
>> 'ediff-window-setup-function' has a misguided default value.  Luckily
>> you can change it - the speedbar, for example, doesn't allow to do
>> that.  I'm using 'ediff-setup-windows-plain' ever since together with
>> 'ediff-split-window-function' set to 'split-window-horizontally'.
>>
>> martin
>>
> --
> Matthew O. Persico
>
-- 
Matthew O. Persico