Subject: bug#37390: 26.3; ediff-buffers appears to have a focus issue

From: Matthew Persico <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:38:30 -0400

I am testing at work with a totally dpkged environment with chef doing the
maintenance. I turned off the chef stuff last week so that it wouldn’t
re-overwrite my 26.3 deb file. I’ll turn chef on, downgrade to 26.2, turn
off chef, test, install 26.3, test and report back. That should keep the
environment consistent between the two emacs versions.  I’ll also send
along a list of all the debs and the yums. Yeah we configure our vms as
redhat 7.3 or 4 or 5 ( I’ll look tomorrow) and then all the stuff we build
is in dpkg (because we have to support Solaris and aix too); I would prefer
not to identify my employer so please don’t ask. Or comment. :-)

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 04:26 martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  > But I faintly recall that I changed something
>  > in this area a few years ago and that subsequently Stefan had problems
>  > with his minibuffer in a separate frame setup.
>
> The change I mentioned there was for Bug#24500 and Stefan's complaint
> is in Bug#24803.  I doubt these are related to your switch from Emacs
> 26.2 to 26.3.  Did you, when you performed that switch, upgrade other
> parts of your environment too?  And if so, can you try once more with
> Emacs 26.2?
>
> martin
>
-- 
Matthew O. Persico